Densholme care farm is a social enterprise based in Great Hatfield which opened its doors to share the farm with those who may benefit. Here at Densholme Farm we offer schools and teaching establishments a unique learning experience. Our exceptional facilities and resources enable us to deliver and design educational visits that are especially tailored to meet curriculum specifications from Foundation Stage to A-level. Here are some of the activities we can offer aimed at early years , KS1 and KS2.
- Meeting all of our friendly farm animals including calves, sheep, pygmy goats and pigs and learning about their care.
- Meeting our chickens (and chicks subject to time of year) collecting their eggs and learning about their stages of growth. (KS1 + KS2 SCIENCE Biology – Structure and Function)
- Meeting our friendly Shetland ponies, and learning their place in history before the industrial revolution. (KS2 HISTORY)
- Exploring our woodland and all the mini beasts and wildlife they might meet along the way. Topics can cover (KS1 + KS2 Biology – Structure and Function + Interdependence)
- Access to our outdoor play area. Sitting on a real farm tractor.
- Learning all about the plants and crops that we grow, planting seeds/potatoes. (KS1 + KS2 SCIENCE Biology – Structure and Function)
- Visiting our renewable energy windmill site. (KS3 SCIENCE Earth and Atmosphere)
If you would like to tailor your visit to suit an older age range just send us an enquiry specifying your curriculum requirements, we endeavour to adapt to meet your needs. Our educational staff have years of farming experience and are CEVAS trained.
Densholme care farm is not open to the public, when you visit us
you will have a dedicated farm education worker who will arrange
your booking, meet your curriculum needs and lead on the day to
ensure continuity and make sure the students make the most from
their experience in the great outdoors.